Why it’s important to include Pinterest as part of your corporate website strategy
Most companies wonder why they’d ever need a Pinterest account. However, image based search is important and often overlooked. 40% of keyword searches return image results.
Just look at the top of your Google search results page. Images are the first category after Web and it has growing importance in usage.
Soulfx image search.
Here are a number of ways Pinterest can work for your business:
- Pinterest links users to products or companies related to the users’ interests or tastes so it can be a natural fit depending on your products. This is great visibility for niche products.
- Pinterest has high page authority in search results.
- Pinterest is also integrated into shopping channels such as Shopify. You can sell your products directly through Pinterest.
- Images Upload case studies photos, product images and anything else to Pinterest that displays your capabilities. Images are easier to scan on a mobile device then text.
- Images are easier to scan on a mobile device then text.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results.
Follow this link to setup your own company Pinterest page.
This is the fourth in a five part series about including social media in your corporate website strategy.
Need help or advice? Contact us and we’ll get you started.
Do you have any insights or questions? Please participate in the discussion below. We’d love to hear from you.
About The Author
Mike Erlindson is the President & CEO of Soulfx Technologies. He manages the design and development teams and has worked on hundreds of projects for clients in a wide range of industries. He previously worked at the Southam Infolab, Cyberplex and was Senior Producer of The Toronto Star Online.
He’s been both an Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Ontario and an Associate Professor at Centennial College teaching classes on User Experience Design and Client Service for Technology Consultants.
His entire career intersects content and technology. Always on the cutting edge, his masters degree research paper about online newspapers won the top award of his graduate school class.
Mike can be found at:
Soulfx specializes in digital strategy, user experience design and cloud software development. Our software applications help clients become more efficient which increases revenue and decreases costs. Client industries include health sciences, pharmaceuticals, financial services, insurance, government and education. Contact Soulfx or call 1-877-827-4555 xt. 228