Why you should include YouTube as part of your digital strategy
Search Engine Optimization is no longer solely about text. After Google, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. Google also owns YouTube. Do you see where we’re going here?
Video, and YouTube video in particular is important for the following reasons:
- It’s more engaging for customers. Studies have shown product videos increase conversions by anywhere from 30% to 160%.
- Customers understand the product more clearly. In a medium where the customer can’t touch or handle the product video is the next best thing.
- An increasing number of visitors are doing searches with the video option in Google.
- Videos stand out versus text.
- YouTube has great analytics reporting. This includes number of views, minutes watched, views by geographic location and top traffic channels.
- YouTube videos supports captioning which is helpful for WCAG compliance and SEO improvement. Additionally, there is an automatic caption option so you don’t need to fully transcribe your videos.
- YouTube’s platform is scalable and robust. You don’t need to worry about server capacity and slow downloads.
- YouTube has been around forever so your audience knows how to use it. There is no learning curve for your customers.
- You can convert and upload multiple video formats into YouTube easily.
- YouTube makes it easy to organize and tag your videos in channels. You can create your own YouTube Channel here.
- YouTube makes it easy to embed video on your site. Customers don’t need to leave your site to watch your videos.
Rhéo Thompson Candies has a great video channel here. Watch the full playlist and you’ll have a hard time not ordering chocolate from www.rheothompson.com.
Need help or advice working with YouTube?
Need help or advice for implementing video on your Website? Contact Soulfx and we’ll help get you started.
Do you have any insights or questions? Please participate in the discussion below. We’d love to hear from you.
About The Author
Mike Erlindson is the President & CEO of Soulfx Technologies. He manages the design and development teams and has worked on hundreds of projects for clients in a wide range of industries. He previously worked at the Southam Infolab, Cyberplex and was Senior Producer of The Toronto Star Online.
He’s been both an Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Ontario and an Associate Professor at Centennial College teaching classes on User Experience Design and Client Service for Technology Consultants.
His entire career intersects content and technology. Always on the cutting edge, his masters degree research paper about online newspapers won the top award of his graduate school class.
Mike can be found at:
Soulfx specializes in digital strategy, user experience design and cloud software development. Our software applications help clients become more efficient which increases revenue and decreases costs. Client industries include health sciences, pharmaceuticals, financial services, insurance, government and education. Contact Soulfx or call 1-877-827-4555 xt. 228